Zombieland: Double Tap
The vast majority of sequels are unnecessary, but Zombieland: Double Tap feels particularly so, especially coming out a decade after the original.
The 83rd Annual Academy Award nominations were announced Tuesday at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills, Calif.
* "Black Swan" Mike Medavoy, Brian Oliver and Scott Franklin, Producers * "The Fighter" David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Mark Wahlberg, Producers * "Inception" Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan, Producers * "The Kids Are All Right" Gary Gilbert, Jeffrey Levy-Hinte and Celine Rattray, Producers * "The King's Speech" Iain Canning, Emile Sherman and Gareth Unwin, Producers * "127 Hours" Christian Colson, Danny Boyle and John Smithson, Producers * "The Social Network" Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca and Ceán Chaffin, Producers * "Toy Story 3" Darla K. Anderson, Producer * "True Grit" Scott Rudin, Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, Producers * "Winter's Bone" Anne Rosellini and Alix Madigan-Yorkin, Producers
Actor in a Leading Role
Actress in a Leading Role
Actor in a Supporting Role
Actress in a Supporting Role
Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
* "127 Hours" Screenplay by Danny Boyle & Simon Beaufoy * "The Social Network" Screenplay by Aaron Sorkin * "Toy Story 3" Screenplay by Michael Arndt; Story by John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton and Lee Unkrich * "True Grit" Written for the screen by Joel Coen & Ethan Coen * "Winter's Bone" Adapted for the screen by Debra Granik & Anne Rosellini
Writing (Original Screenplay)
* "Another Year" Written by Mike Leigh * "The Fighter" Screenplay by Scott Silver and Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson; Story by Keith Dorrington & Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson * "Inception" Written by Christopher Nolan * "The Kids Are All Right" Written by Lisa Cholodenko & Stuart Blumberg * "The King's Speech" Screenplay by David Seidler
Animated Feature Film
* "Alice in Wonderland" Production Design: Robert Stromberg; Set Decoration: Karen O'Hara * "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Production Design: Stuart Craig; Set Decoration: Stephenie McMillan * "Inception" Production Design: Guy Hendrix Dyas; Set Decoration: Larry Dias and Doug Mowat * "The King's Speech" Production Design: Eve Stewart; Set Decoration: Judy Farr * "True Grit" Production Design: Jess Gonchor; Set Decoration: Nancy Haigh
* "Black Swan" Matthew Libatique * "Inception" Wally Pfister * "The King's Speech" Danny Cohen * "The Social Network" Jeff Cronenweth * "True Grit" Roger Deakins
* "Exit Through the Gift Shop" Banksy and Jaimie D'Cruz * "Gasland" Josh Fox and Trish Adlesic * "Inside Job" Charles Ferguson and Audrey Marrs * "Restrepo" Tim Hetherington and Sebastian Junger * "Waste Land" Lucy Walker and Angus Aynsley
Documentary (Short Subject)
* "Killing in the Name" Nominees to be determined * "Poster Girl" Nominees to be determined * "Strangers No More" Karen Goodman and Kirk Simon * "Sun Come Up" Jennifer Redfearn and Tim Metzger * "The Warriors of Qiugang" Ruby Yang and Thomas Lennon
* "Black Swan" Andrew Weisblum * "The Fighter" Pamela Martin * "The King's Speech" Tariq Anwar * "127 Hours" Jon Harris * "The Social Network" Angus Wall and Kirk Baxter
Foreign Language Film
Music (Original Score)
* "How to Train Your Dragon" John Powell * "Inception" Hans Zimmer * "The King's Speech" Alexandre Desplat * "127 Hours" A.R. Rahman * "The Social Network" Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
Music (Original Song)
* "Coming Home" from "Country Strong" Music and Lyric by Tom Douglas, Troy Verges and Hillary Lindsey * "I See the Light" from "Tangled" Music by Alan Menken Lyric by Glenn Slater * "If I Rise" from "127 Hours" Music by A.R. Rahman Lyric by Dido and Rollo Armstrong * "We Belong Together" from "Toy Story 3" Music and Lyric by Randy Newman
Short Film (Animated)
* "Day & Night" Teddy Newton * "The Gruffalo" Jakob Schuh and Max Lang * "Let's Pollute" Geefwee Boedoe * "The Lost Thing" Shaun Tan and Andrew Ruhemann * "Madagascar, carnet de voyage (Madagascar, a Journey Diary)" Bastien Dubois
Short Film (Live Action)
* "The Confession" Tanel Toom * "The Crush" Michael Creagh * "God of Love" Luke Matheny * "Na Wewe" Ivan Goldschmidt * "Wish 143" Ian Barnes and Samantha Waite
* "Inception" Richard King * "Toy Story 3" Tom Myers and Michael Silvers * "Tron: Legacy" Gwendolyn Yates Whittle and Addison Teague * "True Grit" Skip Lievsay and Craig Berkey * "Unstoppable" Mark P. Stoeckinger
* "Inception" Lora Hirschberg, Gary A. Rizzo and Ed Novick * "The King's Speech" Paul Hamblin, Martin Jensen and John Midgley * "Salt" Jeffrey J. Haboush, Greg P. Russell, Scott Millan and William Sarokin * "The Social Network" Ren Klyce, David Parker, Michael Semanick and Mark Weingarten * "True Grit" Skip Lievsay, Craig Berkey, Greg Orloff and Peter F. Kurland
* "Alice in Wonderland" Ken Ralston, David Schaub, Carey Villegas and Sean Phillips * "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Tim Burke, John Richardson, Christian Manz and Nicolas Aithadi * "Hereafter" Michael Owens, Bryan Grill, Stephan Trojanski and Joe Farrell * "Inception" Paul Franklin, Chris Corbould, Andrew Lockley and Peter Bebb * "Iron Man 2" Janek Sirrs, Ben Snow, Ged Wright and Daniel Sudick
A tribute to Robert Forster.
This message came to me from a reader named Peter Svensland. He and a fr...
The experts sound off on what films to watch in honor of Indigenous Peoples' Day.
A review of HBO's mesmerizing Watchmen.