Efficient, nasty action scenes can't overcome mostly bland characterizations and a half-baked story.
This just in:
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
2. "Happy-Go-Lucky" 20
3. "Wall-E" (20)
BEST NONFICTION FILM
1. "Happy-Go-Lucky" (Mike Leigh) - 29
1. "Slumdog Millionaire" (Anthony Dod Mantle) - 29 (Fox Searchlight)
2. "Flight of the Red Balloon" (Lee Ping-Bing) - 22
3. "The Dark Knight" (Wally Pfister) - 18
4. "Still Life" (Yu Lik-Wai )
BEST EXPERIMENTAL FILM - Ken Jacobs' Razzle Dazzle.
FILM HERITAGE AWARDS The Criterion Collection for finally making Samuel Fuller's suppressed "White Dog" (1982) available to a wide American audience via DVD release.
"The Exiles," Kent Mackenzie's realistic 1961 independent film about Native Americans in Los Angeles. (Restored by Ross Lipman of the UCLA Television and Film Archives and distributed by Milestone.)
Flicker Alley for releasing DVD collections of rare early U.S. and foreign silent films. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment for its DVD set "Murnau, Borzage and Fox."Reveal Comments comments powered by Disqus