The film, while well-made on a technical level, feels more like a collection of moments than a full and satisfying narrative.
From: Name withheld, London:
I am a trainee journalist and I am writing an article about movie symbols. I wounder if you could help me with this topic? I would really appreciate it if you have the opportunity to answer my questions, and if you have the time I would appreciate a quite immediately answer (because my deadline is on this Wednesday).
These are my questions:
• Some would say that oranges is a symbol of death in the Godfather movies, do we have any other general movie symbols?
• Or does each movie have their own symbols?
• What would you say are the most famous movie symbol?
• Which are the most well known movie symbols?
• Why do you think movie makers include symbols in their movies?
• What would you say are the best movie symbol?
• Do you think the audience understand all of the movie symbols?
Thank you so much for your time.
A video essay about Mortal Engines, as part of Scout Tafoya's ongoing video essay series on maligned masterpieces.
This is the most purely entertaining season of Stranger Things to date.
An interview with the legendary critic J. Hoberman on the release of his book Make My Day.