We need more directors willing to take risks with films like Get Out.
From: Name withheld, London:
I am a trainee journalist and I am writing an article about movie symbols. I wounder if you could help me with this topic? I would really appreciate it if you have the opportunity to answer my questions, and if you have the time I would appreciate a quite immediately answer (because my deadline is on this Wednesday).
These are my questions:
• Some would say that oranges is a symbol of death in the Godfather movies, do we have any other general movie symbols?
• Or does each movie have their own symbols?
• What would you say are the most famous movie symbol?
• Which are the most well known movie symbols?
• Why do you think movie makers include symbols in their movies?
• What would you say are the best movie symbol?
• Do you think the audience understand all of the movie symbols?
Thank you so much for your time.
This message came to me from a reader named Peter Svensland. He and a fr...
At the ripe age of 89, Oscar can still be a notoriously picky fellow when it comes to what constitutes a contender fo...
The RogerEbert.com staff picks for the Oscars.